tsumego question
sobriquet
2018-08-11 10:38:33 UTC
Am I overlooking something or is there something wrong with the
following tsumego:

https://imgur.com/a/2LVzW5O

First image is the problem and the second image is the accepted 'solution'.
But it seems the solution doesn't work because black can easily
live in the corner anyway, so white doesn't seem to achieve anything
by playing this way.
Black can just capture the last stone played by white (indicated with
the black circle on the white stone) and then capture the other
white stone and then he's alive unconditionally.

http://eidogo.com/#3qKN2aTnV
Detlef Müller
2018-08-12 09:12:50 UTC
Am 11.08.2018 um 12:38 schrieb sobriquet:
[...]
Post by sobriquet
https://imgur.com/a/2LVzW5O
First image is the problem and the second image is the accepted 'solution'.
But it seems the solution doesn't work because black can easily
live in the corner anyway, so white doesn't seem to achieve anything
by playing this way.
Yes, it seems, something went wrong there.

I don't see an easy way to repair this tsumego (without
destroying the double-snapback-idea).

Detlef
Bernhard Kraft
What’s going on without outside liberties?
sobriquet
2018-08-12 19:45:32 UTC
Post by Bernhard Kraft
Post by Detlef Müller
[...]
Post by sobriquet
https://imgur.com/a/2LVzW5O
First image is the problem and the second image is the accepted 'solution'.
But it seems the solution doesn't work because black can easily
live in the corner anyway, so white doesn't seem to achieve anything
by playing this way.
Yes, it seems, something went wrong there.
I don't see an easy way to repair this tsumego (without
destroying the double-snapback-idea).
What’s going on without outside liberties?
Well, it's similar to this tsumego from gochild:

eidogo.com/#Mtq6mvUj:0,0

But here white doesn't have outside liberties, so black can
actually kill white.
sobriquet
2018-08-12 20:57:33 UTC
Post by sobriquet
Post by Bernhard Kraft
Post by Detlef Müller
[...]
Post by sobriquet
https://imgur.com/a/2LVzW5O
First image is the problem and the second image is the accepted 'solution'.
But it seems the solution doesn't work because black can easily
live in the corner anyway, so white doesn't seem to achieve anything
by playing this way.
Yes, it seems, something went wrong there.
I don't see an easy way to repair this tsumego (without
destroying the double-snapback-idea).
What’s going on without outside liberties?
eidogo.com/#Mtq6mvUj:0,0
But here white doesn't have outside liberties, so black can
actually kill white.
Or compare this one:

http://eidogo.com/#1w5KY361V:0,0