under the stones
sobriquet
2018-02-14 19:06:32 UTC
How many people have seen or played games where they encounter the
"under the stones" pattern?

I don't think I ever encountered it in one of my games, but
a while back I saw a KGS game on youtube where it occurred.

http://eidogo.com/#3ULavoL78
sobriquet
2018-02-14 19:09:33 UTC
Post by sobriquet
How many people have seen or played games where they encounter the
"under the stones" pattern?
I don't think I ever encountered it in one of my games, but
a while back I saw a KGS game on youtube where it occurred.
http://youtu.be/feXWiSgsyJ8
http://eidogo.com/#3ULavoL78
https://www.lifein19x19.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15440

I've posed the same question in the life in 19x19 forum because
that forum appears to be frequented by more go players compared to
rec.games.go on usenet.
Robert Jasiek
2018-02-15 06:33:16 UTC
Post by sobriquet
How many people have seen or played games where they encounter the
"under the stones" pattern?
If you only mean the special shapes (rather than ordinary capture,
recapture or play-under), it is rare indeed. However, it does occur.
Roughly once every 1000th to 10000th game? So definitely it is more
popular among problem creators.